Sunday, August 07, 2011

rose prunings

pretty.

The last of the roses. These are actually the buds and flowers that were pruned off by my mama this afternoon when she cut the bushes back for their dormant time. I still get her to prune my roses, because I have no idea what I'm doing. The prunings look so wild and wintery on the kitchen table. And they smell good too. Camp David variety. Drought tolerant, generous with flowering, strongly perfumed, and the new growth comes through burgundy-coloured. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Masha said...

These blooms are gorgeous! Winter blooms on my roses never look as good as that. Don't be afraid to prune - most likely your roses will forgive you for any mistakes you might make.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, I am very happy to have met you!