Monday, December 17, 2007

Sewn gifts


A bag from a Martha Stewart online pattern, made in Amy Butler fabric. True to form, the pattern was missing handles. So I had to kind of make up my own. I was going to make a few more of these bags, but sewing on the bias binding was rooly difficult. I also shrunk the pattern a little - as given it would've made one very large bag! This is still big enough to fit A4 documents with plenty of room to spare.


A Lotta Jansdotter pattern for a full body apron. Half aprons are cute, but I always find I get food spatters above my waist when cooking. I like this pattern a lot. Can you see it actually, very cleverly, has slight shaping in it? Tricky, huh? Hard to tell, but that's the Michael Miller Eiffel Tower print. The reverse (because the apron is reversible) is in a of black and white barcode-type stripe. It's going with a cookie cookbook and a set of cookie cutters.


And a third apron, in feedsack prints. This is my favourite, I think.

Next post: giftwrapping. Oh, just you wait. Three words: laser-cut; snowflake; ribbon.

3 comments:

Elin said...

Cute! I was also planning to sew christmas gifts, but I never got around to it. I'm so lazy about getting the machine out. Picking up the knitting needles requires much less effort!

Christina said...

Oooh, I am going to have to check out that Martha Stewart bag pattern.

The aprons are lovely! They make great gifts (I can never have enough aprons).

BEESTLYproducts said...

i have been working on the sam LJ apron FOREVER!!!!! i still have to cut some pieces. lol. yours are fab. i very much like the yellow one.