Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pendrell blouse - the next blouse pattern.


I just finished a(nother) top for work, using the freakishly easy Simplcity 2594. Seriously, only four pattern pieces. Everything went to together well. The nicest neck facing I've ever done. Absolutely my best yoke/ lining ever. I made the v-neck version, but I redrafted the neck to be a nice, quite deep, round neck. It's lucky it worked out well, because I bought the fabric to make four versions of the same pattern in one go.*

Anyway, stumbling about the internet, I came across the Pendrell blouse. That's it in the picture above (being modelled by the designer). Pattern due out soon. I love it. Super flattering princess lines (pain to sew, but they look so purty), and drapey sleeves. And no fastenings. Made up in something soft and drapey it's exactly the kind of thing I wear to work.

* I got a bit overexcited. A cotton print for the wearable-muslin (done); silk satin on clearance at $8/m; red viscose jersey; and a natural linen/ rayon blend. The first two for work, the second two for play.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Just wanted to let you know that I found your Needle Roll tutorial through TipNut and have now made five for my friends as Christmas gifts. If you would like to see how they turned out I have posted pics on my blog today. http://brtowsleyblogs.blogspot.com/2011/01/handmade-gifts.html
Thanks for sharing your pattern.