Wednesday, November 01, 2006

whoo! whoo!

(that's an owl noise, doncha know?)

Looks like Marc Jacobs is getting down with the owl cable (or 'owl intarsia' as Net-a-Porter mysteriously labelled it). Seems popular too. Sold out of Net-a-Porter and ShopBop. It's a very cute design, one which I am rather tempted to thieve (before or after I thieve the pringle trapeze line jumper? decisions...). But why white? the little owlies hardly stand out. Much nicer would have been a tweedy brown-ish grey. The colour of an owl.

I was dreaming about making owl christmas decorations last night too.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it, very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hoot! That is freaking gorgeous! =)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I SO can't knit! Well...I know how to, kinda, but I can't do any stitch other than knit and I can't make anything other than a square or a rectangle, hehe.

So if you ever forsee a swap in the future for one of those bags for some kind of knitted goodness you just let me know! =P Although I am totally in over my head until January, lol. =)

xox Good luck with your exams! We don't have them in my course so everyone I come across at uni wants to kill me ;) *fingers crossed for you*

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love that. i have a vintage owl necklace that i wear all the time, but an owl sweater would be amazing.

lupinbunny said...

wow! *I* have a vintage owl necklace too! used to be my mum's. she never liked it much, but kept it because it was a gift from her father, lucky for me.

and missmeshell: i'm squooshed up till january too. but maybe in a few months a swap might be in order...

jazzyknits said...

I covet this sweater, so much.. it's beautiful..

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jmEdJJ3Dc