Friday, July 27, 2007

Interweave knits preview


Is up. It's a nice enough issue, though there's little in it I would personally knit. Except this. Eunny Jang's (of course) Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Isn't it fabulous? Do you think it would be more fabulous if the cuffs and bands were tipped in a colour just one shade different from the main colour? (I'm imagining red and fuchsia pink, I think).

There's also the question of yarn subs. It's a DK weight tweed. I wish that O-Wool Balance would fit into my budget. Jo Sharp Silk Road Tweed leaps to mind. Anything else? Anything - dare I say it - cheaper?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I see what you mean about there not being much there you would want to knit. I mean, there are some beautiful pieces - I love the Belle Cardigan - but as usual most of the stuff is not going to suit my plus-size-10 frame. Also the Minimalist Cardigan is cute, but it looks like a crossed stitch on the body - what a faff! Lots of cool socks though!

On the fuscia pink issue - don't you think it would detract from the intricate yoke detail? Just my tuppence.

Anonymous said...

I was eyeing the Valley Yarns English Tweed on www.yarn.com. I don't know what the sizes are, but I did the math and if I made the largest size, I would still only need 2 cones and it would be half the price of the Rowan.

BEESTLYproducts said...

yeah, that sweater is amazing! i ususally dislike interweave, but that sweater alone is worth the $6.